panaloko casino
Updated:2024-12-19 13:15 Views:104

gkbet DOJ: Veloso’s return paves way for filing of charges vs recruiters

 gkbet

vegas live slots

Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla (PHOTO FROM DOJ Facebook PAGE)

 

MANILA, Philippines — Mary Jane Veloso’s return to the country will “pave the way” for the filing of charges against her alleged recruiters, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said on Wednesday.

Article continues after this advertisement

The DOJ made Veloso finally arrive in the country earlier the same day under a transfer agreement with Indonesia—where she was convicted and sentenced to death for drug trafficking.

FEATURED STORIES NEWSINFO Paolo Duterte OK with probe, but says it must not be based on hearsay NEWSINFO Quad comm seeks crimes against humanity raps vs Duterte, Bato, Bong Go NEWSINFO MMDA issues coding suspension schedule for the holidays

“Veloso’s return will pave the way for the filing of charges against her alleged recruiters,” said the DOJ in a statement.

The DOJ added that Veloso will continue to serve her sentence in the Philippines under the transfer agreement.

Article continues after this advertisement

Veloso was arrested in 2010 at Adisucipto International Airport in Yogyakarta after she was found in possession of more than 2.6 kilograms of heroin.

Article continues after this advertisement

 She was eventually sentenced to death but was spared from death row in 2015 after Philippine officials asked then-Indonesian President Joko Widodo to allow her to testify against members of a human and drug-smuggling syndicate in Manila.

In a stock exchange filing on Thursday, October 17, the Ayala-led bank said its net income expanded by 24.3 percent to P48 billion.

By the closing bell, the benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange Index (PSEi) shed 0.26 percent, or 19.31 points, to 7,437, snapping a two-session winning streak.

Article continues after this advertisement

Justice Secretary Jesus Crispin Remulla thanked the Indonesian government for allowing the transfer of Veloso with no conditions imposed.

Veloso arrived in the country Wednesday morning. Upon arrival, she was then escorted to the Correctional Institution for Women (CIW) and placed under its custody.

Article continues after this advertisement

Malacañang previously said that President Ferdinand “Bongbong” R. Marcos Jr. has yet to decide whether or not Veloso will be granted executive clemency.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again. Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

SIGN ME UP

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.gkbet

READ NEXT Deferred 2025 GAA signing a healthy sign of democracy – Poe DepEd budget expose billions in unspent funds EDITORS' PICK Mary Jane Veloso appeals to Marcos for clemency Lawyer shares heartwarming photos with Veloso’s youngest over the years CSA tells Yasmien Kurdi to ‘cooperate’ amid ‘bullying’ involving daughter Signing of 2025 GAA deferred for President's review - Bersamin Mary Jane Veloso returns home after 14 years Legarda files bill seeking equity, inclusivity in Tertiary Education Subsidy MOST READ LIVE UPDATES: Tropical Depression Querubin Paolo Duterte OK with probe, but says it must not be based on hearsay MMDA issues coding suspension schedule for the holidays Atong Ang confirms relationship with Sunshine Cruz in report Follow @FMangosingINQ on Twitter --> View comments
Last:None
Recommend News
LINKS: